The ARNP provides advanced nursing and diagnostic services to clients throughout treatment within the continuum of care as directed by the Psychiatrist. S/he is responsible for promoting and maintaining clients’ care. This individual provides education, knowledge and counsel regarding healthcare and treatment needs. The ARNP coordinates client care with treatment team according to Chrysalis Health's policies, procedures, rules and regulations. S/he will participate in regular treatment team staffing and provide recommendations for client care and discharge planning. The ARNP is not limited to performing the above tasks, but instead she/he will participate in any task that is deemed necessary or reasonable in relation to his/her position with Chrysalis Health. S/he further agrees that Chrysalis Health policies related to his/her duties may be amended or changed from time to time, to include nursing tasks deemed appropriate by Chrysalis Health.
The principal functions of the position identified shall not be considered as a complete description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be inherent in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you require Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations to participate, please notify Chrysalis Health during the interview process. Chrysalis Health, Inc. is committed to maintaining a Drug-Free Workplace in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Chrysalis Health, Inc. offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and to all employees regardless of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
POSITION’S ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are duties, responsibilities and leadership roles that the ARNP shall provide for the organization:
· ARNP will provide care to all levels of programming to Chrysalis Health showing a change or decline in mental status, chronic or urgent medical conditions.
· ARNP will provide timely medication management and prescriptions to clients, will explain the benefits, risks and, alternatives of medications to clients, families and staff, will assess patient for medications given and, will order any tests needed.
· Supervise treatment for clients on psychotropic medications in coordination with the primary health care physician, when indicated by client’s medical condition.
· Document all work done in clients’ records in a detailed and legible manner.
· Provide regular supervision to any nurse of Chrysalis Health.
· Ability to report to work as scheduled, in a timely fashion and will an attitude oriented toward service.
· Ability to understand and comply with all Chrysalis’ policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
· Presents in a professional manner in the community, in person, on telephone and in written communication including times of extreme stress and when others are upset.
· Works effectively with culturally diverse groups and individuals experiencing an exacerbation of either psychiatric, substance use and/or medical symptoms, as well as experiencing a stressful situation
The elements listed in this section are representative of the education, experience and competencies required for an individual to perform the duties of the position. This section is not all-inclusive. There may be other elements and this section is subject to change to meet the needs of the organization. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, and comply with each work habit satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Graduation from an accredited Nursing School with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing.
· Registered Nurse in the State of Florida, active and in good standing.
· Minimum of one year in behavioral health industry.
· Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of the discipline.